Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

First Cut

I have put off Lily's first haircut for a long time.  Well, other than a tiny baby mullet trim in her infancy, it's been put off four years.
Her hair has really, really, really been begging me for a cut, but because it was so unevenly layered, I put it off (for too long) for a little while longer until the top could catch up with the bottom layers more. 
In the past few weeks, it really started to look like we could cut soon.  Today we had the time and quick just got the thing done.
Here's what you need to know.  Just about any time I say, "Hey Lily, let me take your picture quick." She gives me this-


Even when she was excited about the haircut, that's still all she'd give me and believe me, that wasn't the worst.  Nice Lily.  Nice.  You can be such a pickle.
But, the haircut was really fun, only took me about 10 minutes, and we both enjoyed it. 
She was jazzed to be getting a grown up haircut, and also mentioned several times that she wasn't "screaming like Hudson does when you cut his hair".

A quick shower later and there you go.








8 comments:

Kimberly said...

Totally changes her face! She looks so grown up. I love it!

Natalie said...

Oh I cannot believe how big she is, and how lovely! All of your girls are so beautiful Megan! I love her haircut - great job!

Megan O. said...

I'm so impressed that you did that yourself! She looks beautiful!

Danielle said...

Aw, she looks beautiful!

Anonymous said...

That is adorable! Awesome job - I wish I could cut Keenan's hair as well!

Unknown said...

So cute! And you even got her to smile once or twice in a picture.

Kiki said...

Love it! So cute and you did a great job!

Ashley said...

Adorable! And I'm almost envious of her fantastic hair ...